Characters are coming
New features are bringing characters front and center in your Mote stories.
Personas and Pets are evolving into something new we call characters. Any player can emote and chat as any character and experience the story through their perspective, regardless of who created the character; and all your characters will carry over from session to session within a story.
The first changes come today as personas and pets become more flexible than ever before:
- Other players’ personas and pets will appear in your Emote As drawer.
- Pets can no longer be dismissed (deleted).
- When you change your persona, your previous persona converts into a pet.
Watch for these new features over the next month:
- Personas and pets begin being referred to as characters throughout Mote
- Select any character to be your point-of-view character, change any time
- Tag any character in your chats and emotes
- Rename characters and change their pronouns
- Carry over characters from one session to the next
Characters are just one piece of all the changes coming to Mote in 2022 that bring persistence, flexibility, and a bit more playfulness to your stories.