How to sign up for Mote
Mote is currently available by invitation only. This means that in order to sign up, you will need to receive an invitation via email, or you will need to receive a code.
If you don’t have an invitation or code, you can sign up for out waiting list and we’ll let you know when we’re ready for you.
Redeem a code.
If you received an invitation email containing a link to follow to sign up, you do not need to complete these steps. You are ready to follow the link and sign up
Visit the sign up page and enter your code in the box, then click Redeem code.
If you see a message that your code is unavailable to be redeemed, it’s possible the you entered the code incorrectly.
If you’re certain you entered the code incorrectly, it’s possible that the code was already used by someone else, or that it was only available for a limited time and has expired.
Enter your email address, then click Verify email.
We will email you a link to complete the sign-up process.
If you are having trouble completing this process, please email email@example.com.
Follow the link and sign up.
Whether you have received an invitation email, or have redeemed a code, the email you receive contains a link.
Follow the link in the email you receive.
The link you receive expires after a limited time. If the link you follow has expired, you’ll be required to re-enter your email address, and click through a new link in a new email. You must enter the same email address the original link was sent to.
Choose a handle, then click Next.
The handle you choose will be visible to other players. They will use it to invite you to join their stories, and to reference your persona in chat and emotes.
- Your handle can contain letters and numbers, but must start with a letter.
- Your handle can be between 4 and 24 characters long.
- Because your handle must be unique, the handle you wish to use may not be available.
- Because your handle is visible to other players, some of whom you may not know, avoid including personal information in your handle, like your full name or date of birth.
- Offensive handles are not allowed.
- Your handle is not the name of a character in a story. You’ll choose these later.
Choose a password, then click Sign up.
- You must enter your password twice to ensure you have entered it correctly.
- Your password must be at least 8 characters long.
We handle your password securely, but other sites may not. For this reason we recommend using a unique password you do not use to access other sites or services. Ideally, use a secure password manager that can generate and store a secure password for you.
When you are successfully signed up, you will see a welcome message. Click Continue to go to your Stories dashboard.